11th September 2022 || Perception by Rev. Benson Kuira || Proclaim His Promises Series
When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.” (Genesis 17:1-2 NKJV)
God gave a condition to Abraham as He made the covenant: Walk before me and be blameless…
God’s promises are generational. He prophesised about the birth of Isaac and Jacob way before they were born.
– God speaks here and now and in the future.
– God keeps His promises.
– God speaks to our faith. Our obedience and dependence on Him makes the promises a reality.
God provided a seal. Shedding of blood through circumcision.
Sarai was 90 and barren. God promises she will bear a child! He changed her name to Sarah.
– God speaks life in barren situations.
– God talks about human impossibility.
God’s promise of selection
God choose Israel
By faith, all generations are beneficiaries of the blessings to Israel.
We are not of the blood lineage of Abraham but on account of faith in Christ we are called children of God (See Gal 3: 9).
Am an heir according to the promise made to Abraham.
In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice. (Genesis 22:18 NKJV)
God in His sovereignity picked Israel.
On account of faith in Christ, anyone who curses you is an enemy.
I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3 NKJV)
Numbers 13: 17- 18, 27
Moses commissions a team of 12 to survey the promised land. They came back with several perceptions despite the promises God had made that they would inherit the land.
Humans have perceptions that can hinder them from tapping on God’s promises and opportunities in life.
Every promised land has giants. But how do you deal with the giants that you find there?
– Remember the promise (Genesis 15: 15-16)
– Remember also that the promise giver is a promise keeper
A. The other 10 spys perception
The defeatist perception
– We are not able (See Numbers 13: 31)
– They are stronger than we are
– Land devours its citizens!
Lack of confidence…
– Grasshopper mindset
There we saw the giants; and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.” (Numbers 13:33 NKJV)
– Some wished they were back in Egypt (See Numbers 14: 2-4)
B. Caleb and Joshua’s perception
Caleb and Joshua had a different perception because of their faith in God.
– Let us go up and take the land
Hold on. Faith zone…
– They had faith in God
If the Lord delights in us, then He will bring us into this land and give it to us, ‘a land which flows with milk and honey.’ (Numbers 14:8 NKJV)
– How we see ourselves is a strong enemy of development.
– Do not write yourself off
– A belief that it is impossible is a lack of faith in God.
– Ones faith is best expressed when facing a giant or tough situation.
– God help us to overcome the perceptions that cause us to hold back from taking action
– Let’s hold on the promise- the Covenant of God
– Help us to walk according to your Word
Our God is a promise giver and a promise keeper.