3rd July 2022 || Chosen Remnants by Pst. Josephat Karanja || Chosen Series
Remnants are people chosen for a particular purpose. They often stand out after a tough time.
– War survivors were considered remnants.
– After tribulation, those that remain faithful are called remnants
– As remnants live God’s victory is seen in their lives.
Do we have remnants today?
Remnants of grace.
But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal. (Romans 11:4 NKJV)
These were remnants who stood for God despite the risk.
Traits of a remnant:
1. Remnants depends and faithfully trust in God alone
– Remnants will not look for any other alliances but God
– They trust in God for victory
– They stand and wait on God
The steadfast love of God never ceases (Lamentations 3: 22)
For out of Jerusalem shall go a remnant, And those who escape from Mount Zion. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this (Isaiah 37:32 NKJV).
2. Remnants sing the song of victory of the Lord
There will be a highway for the remnant of His people Who will be left from Assyria, As it was for Israel In the day that he came up from the land of Egypt (Isaiah 11:16 NKJV)
Just as the Israelites marched from Egypt and celebrated crossing the Jordan, so is a highway made for the remnants to march and sing in victory.
Victory and a crown awaits the remnants.
In that day the Lord of hosts will be For a crown of glory and a diadem of beauty To the remnant of His people (Isaiah 28:5 NKJV).
Depend on God. He will fight for us our battles just as he did for the Israelites from Egypt to Canaan (See Exodus 14: 13-14).
Joseph was a remnant to save his family. He was chosen for preservation (Read Genesis 45: 7).
It takes faith to depend on God (See Romans 4: 17).
Ezekiel in the Valley of dry bones, by faith in God prophesised to the bones to come back to life (Read Ezekiel 37: 1-14).
– A remnant knows when the situation is only for God’s manifestation … they trust in God.
– Remnants by their stand may be considered foolish but they know their answer
3. Remnants birth revival
Revival is a force of God from within that breaks out.
– Remnants do not keep quiet. They speak of God’s goodness.
Haggai 1: 14 is about rebuilding of the temple. The remnants were stirred up into action. In few numbers they rebuilt the temple.
So the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and worked on the house of the Lord of hosts, their God (Haggai 1:14 NKJV)
– Remnants are agitated when they see things go wrong.
– They offer themselves to do something for God.
– They desire to serve God.
Remnants have a letter written on their human heart not on tablets of stone.
Lord stir up in us a spirit of remnants- to be faithful to you and to be counted for your service.
October 22, 2022