CRUCIFIED ON BEHALF (LUKE 23)
As we approach the Easter season, there is need for us to reflect on what Christ went through, why He had to go through it, and how we ought to respond.
1. Crucified despite His innocence
He went through a death that was slow, painful, gruesome, humiliating, and public.
Reading the scripture, ascertains that Jesus did not deserve to be crucified. Instead:
- The Bible records that no fault was found in Him to deserve death
- A rioter and murder call Barnabas was released
2. 1 Peter 2:24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness
He went through all this to enable us to live for righteousness. We deserved to die but He offered Himself as a ransom for our sins.
3. While many sneered at Him, one of the thieves acknowledged Jesus’ innocence and call out to Him.
The thief received his promise because he embraced Christ experience on the cross and requested for pardon from heaven although condemned in the world.
July 18, 2021