Jesus Is Risen
Mathew 28:1-10 – Jesus is Risen
He is risen; He is risen, indeed.
This truth about our Lord Jesus Christ as recorded in our passage today is the heart of the gospel. Paul boldly states in 1st Cor. 15:14 that, “If Christ has not been raised (from the dead), then our preaching is useless and so is your faith (in Him)” to those who believe. This a strong indicator of the centrality of the resurrection of Christ to the believer.
Therefore, the good news that Jesus has risen should not be taken lightly. Jesus’ resurrection is the culmination of the journey to salvation which was characterized by a number of significant events that evidence the weight of the burden Christ bore for me and you.
- He was betrayed by one among those whom he had called to be with Him.
- He went through a moment of loneliness, sorrow, and grief
- He was arrested and treated like a robber even though He was innocent.
- He was subjected to an unfair trial
- He was mocked, flogged, beaten and tortured
- He was executed in the most horrible, painful, tortuous and humiliating manner.
- He was buried without a decent ceremony
His death and indeed His resurrection is no ordinary historical event to be religiously observed. It is a constant reminder for everyday living to those who believe. No wonder Peter reminds us as believers saying “conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth; knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold… but with the precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ”. (1 Peter 1:18, 19). All that Jesus had to go through culminated in the shedding of His precious blood that cleanses even the vilest sinner who believes. For this reason, “He is risen; He is risen, indeed” is not merely a good Christian phrase, it is the whole gospel that leads unto Salvation.
Is He risen and risen indeed in your heart?
9th October 2022 || Breaking up the Labels by Pst. Josephat Karanja || Called Out Series
October 22, 2022